Heards RPS is a family run firm of Rural Chartered Surveyors, Auctioneers & Valuers based on the Devon/Somerset border. As an independent firm we offer a wide range of rural services delivered in a personal and highly professional manner and pride ourselves on a dynamic and progressive approach, whilst maintaining traditional values. Our ethos is to provide a tailor made service centred around the requirements of our Clients and their business and is backed by our wealth of experience and involvement in the West Country’s agricultural industry and rural community.
Farm Business Management
- Basic Payment Scheme
- Environmental Stewardship Schemes
- Grant Applications
- Tenancy Matters
- Rent Reviews
- Succession Planning.
At Heards RPS we are able to arrange and undertake all types of Agricultural & Rural Sales. Offering experience and expertise, with a proven and very successful track record right across the spectrum, we have invested in the most up to date Sales technology. This enables us to ensure we can provide both Vendors and Purchasers with an efficient and effective service prior to, on and after Sale Day. Our specialist areas include:
- On-site Dispersal Sales
- Collective Machinery Sales
- Private Treaty Livestock Sales
- Private Treaty and Auction Sales of Fodder
- Private Treaty, Tender and Auction Sales of Grass Keep, Mowing Grass & Standing Crops
Online Timed Auctions
We are very pleased to be expanding the range of services we offer to the agricultural community by launching Online Machinery Auctions. This new service will compliment both our existing On-site Sales service and our Private Treaty Machinery Sales.
On-site and farm sales are proving extremely successful but there are still many farmers with very real time pressures that find consigning surplus machinery to Collective or Dispersal Sales sites to be a task too much. Therefore, by introducing our Online Timed Machinery Auctions we are able to offer machinery for sale straight from your farm or yard.
We are not new to the Online Timed Machinery Auction world, having regularly consigned machinery on behalf of South West based farming clients’ into Timed Auctions run by a well respected Eastern Counties firm of Auctioneers. Recent sale results from these entries have seen a New Holland 5030 4wd Tractor c/w Loader (2010) sell at £14,550, Richard Western 14T Trailers at £6,500 and a Lemken 5F Reversible Plough (1988) at £1,950, with these Lots purchased by Buyers from across the Country.
For those of you unfamiliar with Online Timed Auctions, below is a guide to the process.
- Contact us to discuss selling machinery in the Online Auction
- Entry Forms can either be sent to you or downloaded from our website
- Completed Entry Forms can be either emailed or posted to us, together with photographs and/or videos where beneficial. A member of our Team will also be happy to attend your farm or yard to take full details
- Your entries will be uploaded onto the Online Timed Machinery Auction page which will be available for prospective purchasers to view approximately two weeks prior to the sale ‘opening’. The sale will run for approximately ten days, with items closing in groups at staggered times on the tenth day
- When the item sells, Heards RPS issue an invoice to the purchaser. We will confirm receipt of cleared payment with the Vendor, at which point collection of the item can be arranged to suit both parties
- Payment following deduction of commission & VAT will be made by Heards RPS by the Vendor’s preferred method, together with a Statement.
- Negotiations against most Statutory Providers
- Private Wayleaves
- Easements & Rights of Way
Private Treaty Livestock Sales
- Farm to Farm Sales of all categories of Livestock, including TB Restricted
- TB Reactor Valuations also undertaken.
Grass Keep, Standing Crops & Fodder Sales
- Private Treaty
- Inheritance Tax, Probate
- Rural Property & Land
- Annual Stock Take
- TB Reactor Valuations
- Matrimonial Disputes
- Dissolution of Partnerships.